Bellringing is a great team activity, sociable, challenging, excellent exercise and most of all fun.
The St Anne's band ring before most Sunday morning services and, from time to time, before Sunday evening and special services. The bell ringing band is also available for weddings.
The tower regularly hosts visiting bands from around the country.
The Bell-chamber contains a ring of six bells. The tenor was cast by Thomas Hedderley in 1754 as was the 2nd also in the same year. The 3rd and 5th were cast by R. Heathcote in the 16th Century. The 4th is by G. Heathcote in 1620. The treble was cast by T. Mears in 1839. The bells were quarter-turned and re-hung in 1923 by John Taylor of Loughborough.
New learners are always very welcome.
For more information about bellringing please contact:
Mrs Veronica Rainsford - 01246 583836
| Printable Version|